BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Excuses smooshes

Yep. It's been a long time since I've been on here.

Yep. There are good reasons for that.

Yep. It's been a long time since I've been swim/bike/whating.

Yep. There are good reasons for that.

Whatever they are they're good - but mostly they're in the past. I cannot keep holding to them or using them anymore.

My next race in February 20th. The anniversary race of the first 5k I've even run.

For weeks I've thought about what I need to do to get back into the game. I wrote a training plan & scheduled it out. I woke up in the mornings with good intentions (which were easily diverted by good blogs to read).

Sometimes you need less planning/thinking and more doing.

Finally I just went running. Hooked up with my running cousin - knowing that I'd be too embarrassed to back out - and it worked!

We went and ran the 5k course - focusing on the two big hills. My body knew exactly what to do and fell into sync rather quickly. It felt so good.

And I realized again how much I love and need my runs.

Now it's the challenge to see past all the excuses I can make every morning when I rise at 5:00am to run. Instead of thinking about it - just doing it.

1 comments:

Eric B said...

15 days away... Let's hit it